-
July 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Has anyone else experienced the Summer Riding dress for Josefina being much too large around the chest and neckline? I purchased both the doll and dress a couple years ago directly from AG so I was surprised how ill-fitting it was. Maybe there was a problem with a batch? Or is this common? You can see how it gaps (an extra inch or so) in the photo. I am wondering if I should send it in for an exchange?
-
July 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM
#2
Inactive Member
That is pretty huge. But is your doll skinny? It might be the sort of thing that would fit a PM doll perfectly, but be very loose on a later doll. Given that new dolls (and outfits) tend to be skinnier, it might be worth a try to exchange, or maybe someone here happens to have one that's too tight and you could trade here! Good luck!
-
July 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Someone needs to feed these girls before they leave the factory....I would expect perhaps a bit of difference from doll to doll, year to year, but this is ridiculous. Do AGs have to be as anorexic as Hollywood? Grrr. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] That's a real pet peeve of mine!
-
July 11th, 2006, 01:43 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I appreciate the comments. I never would have thought of my Josefina as especially skinny but I tried the dress on a PM doll and it did fit better although still a little loose. I probably won't pursue exchanging it since AG had to make it big enough to fit the PM dolls as well.
-
July 11th, 2006, 01:57 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I have a PM Josefina and a Mattel outfit. It fits her perfectly. It also fits my other PM girls, as well as the M.

I can take/post some better pics if you'd like. This was just a quick one I found on my computer, and was the only one of her in this outfit that was already cropped and resized.
It's a cute outfit (my favorite of Josefina's), and if you like it, I, personally, would recommend trying to exchange it for one that fits properly.
And, your Josefina is absolutely gorgeous.
-
July 11th, 2006, 01:59 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Hi Cami...thanks so much for taking the time to post a photo. The dress does look 100% better on your Josefina. With that info I will contact CS about an exchange. My poor Josefina doesn't get out of her box much but I think she's beautiful too. Only one more thing to ask....if you get a chance, can you measure the width at the empire seam? Then I will know for sure what to do.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 10, 2006 11:01 PM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font>
-
July 11th, 2006, 02:37 AM
#7
Inactive Member
It's *slightly* more than 6" laying down, so about 12 1/2 around.
Just because I'm curious about how different the sizes can be, what's the measurement on yours?
-
July 11th, 2006, 02:44 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Looks like I am going to have to fatten up my Josefina. My Riding dress measures exactly the same as yours (velcro closed and lined up straight). Well, at least I know AG is consistent on the clothes measurements. It's the dolls that can vary! Thanks again Cami....you've helped me out quite a bit.
-
July 11th, 2006, 02:57 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Aww! Sorry about that. Your Josefina doesn't look that much thinner than mine.
But then, my PM Sam (from 1995!) is the thinnest of all my AGs, even thinner than my Jess, or other dolls that I've gotten recently. The dolls vary *a lot*.
Glad you didn't order a new one before checking on that! It would have been disappointing (and a waste of time) to have them send another just to see that it, too, didn't fit.
-
July 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Wow, you have a skinny PM Sam? My PM Sam could use a few rounds on the treadmill....good for her that curvy ladies were "in" in her time, I guess! Even her arms are bigger than my Mattel dolls; she has a hard time wearing Nellie's spring dress as a result. You have to almost fight to get her in it, but once it's on, it's OK.
With all the hair my PM Sam has, and being a bit chubby, I'm glad she doesn't have a complex!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks